Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I've been to that restaurant! the date was horrid, but the food wasn't too bad.

I'm originally from Pittsburgh, and still dream about the Primanti Bros. Pittsburgh sandwich.

My first fine dining experience was at Poli's in Squirrel Hill - this was nearly 35 years ago, back when you didn't see small children in nice resaturants. People used to compliment my mom on how well behaved we were - how did she do it? simple. she said. we tell them if they are bad, they don't get to come next time. it always worked!

enjoy!

GO STEELERS!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
After taking a look at the Church Brew Works website, I realized it was a different restaurant I went on the awful date - but it was a restaurant that had been a beautful old church at one time - I think it might have been in Oakland - near Pitt University.

Ah - the gut bomb at Primanti Bros. have one for me. I worked in the Strip District at Klein's flower shop while I was in Art School. There's a great fish market down there, too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.