Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
i love cobia! unfortunately they are realy hard to find in my area and you can only catch them during a small window of time each year. anyways i like to grill cobia steaks after marinating them for a few hours in
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup mirin
2 tbsp lite soy sauce
to taste cracked peppercorn medely
1 tbsp white miso paste
1 cup of luke warm water
2 tbsp clover honey
and a dash of oyster sauce

grill to however you like it and i serve it with some rice pilaf and some stemed summer squash :lips:
hope this helps you a bit i like it hopefully you will to

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
With all do respect, this recipe sounds so heavy with way to many flavors going on. Oyster sauce with miso, mirin and soy + honey? this will not elevate the delicate flavor Cobia, but turn it into a TGIF special. I know I might be a bit harsh but you need to really look at your ingredients and composition.

·
Registered
98 Posts
just giving my input that is how i personaly like my fish. it might not be for everyone but like i said i like it. be as harsh as you like it doesnt bother me i just, like anyone else in this forum have my own personal tastes.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
cobia is one of my favorite fish toeat.I find it has a very natural flavor ,fresh caught. The only thing I add is a light nutty flavor. I brown butter, scrape all the browning off the pan and grind with fresh garlic, lemon juice, make a paste and grill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.