Chef Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sitting on, no. There are various ways I would approach one. My personal way of tackling it would be to create a thick chicken stock veloute, and combine with fresh knife processed garlic paste, rubbed dalmatian sage, salt and black pepper to taste.

I used to do something similar a long time ago, but have since taken a shine to my steaks plain, and blue rare. :)

If nothing mentioned thus far strikes your fancy, try levantine Toum, but I haven't experimented with that personally, only tasted it once.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sitting on, no. There are various ways I would approach one. My personal way of tackling it would be to create a thick chicken stock veloute, and combine with fresh knife processed garlic paste, rubbed dalmatian sage, salt and black pepper to taste.

I used to do something similar a long time ago, but have since taken a shine to my steaks plain, and blue rare. :)

If nothing mentioned thus far strikes your fancy, try levantine Toum, but I haven't experimented with that personally, only tasted it once.
your first option sounds nice!! Might do something similar to that, thank you:)

·
Banned
857 Posts
Garlic is funny. Reacts differently when you mince vs sliced vs whole. 

Each cut and resulting flavor is different, and then there is the method  - fried, braised, roasted, etc. 

Lots to choose from, regardless if it is in a bechamel or a cream sauce or. . . whatever. 

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.