Chef Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
612 Posts
Mine is Doberge Cake, comes in caramel, chocolate or lemon and the bakeries will do half and half for extra decadence. Chocolate custard filled and lemon curd filled are my favorites. SO miss south Louisiana, used to get one every year for my birthday but easily contains a year's worth of calories. Salivating

· Registered
1,245 Posts
One of the last places I cooked at had roast duck on the menu. The chef would trim the ducks before roasting, then put all the trim in the bottom of the pan. A big treat in the kitchen was getting out the fresh crispy duck skin trim. So yummy. So much like eating pure crunchy duck fat.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
I would say my kryptonite would be expensive coffee. 

Since i live in Brazil the vast majority learn to drink coffee while in diapers. 

But my tastes are even more eccentric. I just love me a good iced cappucino made with freshly ground expensive coffee.

We´re talking like so good you don´t need a touch of cream or sugar. 

· Registered
7,662 Posts
I would say my kryptonite would be expensive coffee.

Since i live in Brazil the vast majority learn to drink coffee while in diapers.

But my tastes are even more eccentric. I just love me a good iced cappucino made with freshly ground expensive coffee.

We´re talking like so good you don´t need a touch of cream or sugar.
Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's necessarily good. What types of coffee do you mean?

· Registered
962 Posts
Oh, @OregonYeti, I was thinking there is no one food I feel this way about but then you mentioned India. Never been, but there is a kind of sev available in the self-serve snack bins at one of the grocery stores in the S. Asian neighborhood here that I cannot bring home in any but the most moderate quantities. I could eat it by the pound.

· Registered
5,777 Posts
Oh, @OregonYeti, I was thinking there is no one food I feel this way about but then you mentioned India. Never been, but there is a kind of sev available in the self-serve snack bins at one of the grocery stores in the S. Asian neighborhood here that I cannot bring home in any but the most moderate quantities. I could eat it by the pound.
I'd never ever heard of sev before. Funny how no matter how many new things we try, how much we read or watch stuff about food... there's always more to learn! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.