Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
Go for it! There are lots of chefs out there that would kill for someone with a desire to learn. It might be kind of rough in this economy, with things being slow, but I think that you should be able to find a job. Just don't expect to be paid lots, or even to see the line. Chances are you will be hired on as a prep cook. But, hey, at least it is a start. There are many fine restaurants in Atlanta (I used to work there a few years ago), so I would definately stay with something other than chain restaurants. Would you be looking in the city or in the suburbs?

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
I would be careful of a place as big and and as busy as the Atlanta Fish Market. Yes, the immediate response is that you would get to see a lot of things. In a place like that, quite possibily not. They may keep you so buried in menial prep work that you will not get a chance to see as much as you would hope. I would try smaller places, where the chef is capable of giving you more hands on training.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.