Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robert de Niro walks into your restaurant. "What I would really like, is a hamburger" says he. Not wanting to offend the celeb, you decide to accomodate him. Determined not to deviate from the style of your menu, you set to.
What is your recipe for De Niro's Burger?

· Registered
191 Posts
The same as it is for all my customers - 8 oz. ground sirloin (med. rare) on a toasted sesame seed bun, dijonaise sauce with a hint of rosemary and horseradish, lettuce , tomato and red onion, slice of pepperjack or sharp cheddar cheese.
The thing is - I'M the serving platter...;)

· Registered
2,178 Posts
Knowing that DeNiro has exquisite taste in food and will order anything from anywhere in the world. And knowing that he has had Poilane bread shipped to him from France...

I would choose an artesian bread, crunchy on the outside, full of holes and chewy on the inside for the bun. I'd make sure the meat was not packed to death but rather gently pressed enough to make it hold together without falling apart. I never did like regular hot dog and hamburger buns...

As for condiments, whatever is most fresh, simple yet complex with a little bit of everything in every bite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.