Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I see these as helping to cut labor in the BOH. I also agree with Chefross with the biggest cost savings being in the FOH. The FOH service in our industry has been lacking  for years. There will be much more self-service and a higher quality of focus on food. I think we have come to the point of "Just wanting to eat" and a more no fuss approach to getting our food. You will see more iPads for ordering at the table with more card swiping paying method. The service will just be a delivery service to the table, like a busboy approach. In NYC there are custom cut meat houses that do all your special beef and pork cuts, and also grind your menu to your own specs. I think the future front line will be Chef run with a cook back up of two. All the prep will be contracted out so as to know exactly what a menu item food cost will be. In order to survive in this business labor will be cut in 1/2 of what yesteryear would be. 

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.