Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a small encrusting machine that can insert fillings into dough. To give context, I make cookies with fillings and they are fairly small, 9g dough with 5g fillings. Are there any suggestions for encrusting machine that is small (tabletop size) and preferably 110v? Thank you!

·
Registered
668 Posts
How many cookies are you making at a time? Most of the machines that I've seen cost a fortune, and you can't really justify the price unless you make thousands of cookies everyday.

If you are still interested, the most affordable ones can be found on Alibaba.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many cookies are you making at a time? Most of the machines that I've seen cost a fortune, and you can't really justify the price unless you make thousands of cookies everyday.

If you are still interested, the most affordable ones can be found on Alibaba.com
I'm looking to get it mostly so I can handle holiday orders. I can only currently handle 2000 cookies a month but that is potentially only a third of what the demand is since I limit the number they can order. It takes me about 3 hours to do 200 by hand, and I know it would take just minutes with the machine 🥲.

I have found a lot of good options in Alibaba, but I have no experience buying from there. Do you have any advice from purchasing big ticket items from there? I don't know how credible or how the after sales service will be after getting it shipped here.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've never ordered anything big from them either.

I did order a tart maker from them once. There is no after-sales service. I had to find a local guy to repair the machine. But it works just like the real thing and I saved thousands of dollars, so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts