Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to say that I am glad that you are at least considering some of the European options when it comes to culinary schools.

I myself am a graduate from Le Cordon Bleu - Paris with a Grand Diplome in Cuisine and Pastry. To me, the experience was really immeasurable. I think that I was able to get a lot out of the year that I stayed in Paris, not only because I speak french (therefore easier acceptance and communication), but because I was very serious about my education and I actively pursued what I wanted to learn.

I saw how some of the other students acted at school (even though they had the privilege of attending) and I think that their time spent was truly a waste. You really have to want to be there, experience everything that you possible can. You will also have to spend a great deal of time in the European milieu if you want to really learn.

I had the opportunity to do two stages while in Paris and to this day, I would not trade those experiences for anything. One thing for sure is that I did not have an easy time, nor was I accepted in the beginning and the days were not short.

All I can say is that no matter what culinary school you choose, your education is what you make it. Le Cordon Bleu has an amazing wealth of information, teachers, products and resources at your disposal - you just have to know how to use them effectively.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.