Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking at doing up a spreadsheet with month to date revenue, month to date spend, a rough forecast for the remainder of the month, the actual food cost %, my food cost budget %, the difference between the budget and actual spend %, and how much I have left to spend to meet/beat my monthly target.
Is there anything else that the brains trust on CHEFTALK can think of to add into my tracker?

Thanks legends!

Some bloke who cooks food

· Registered
346 Posts
Hi all,

Looking at doing up a spreadsheet with month to date revenue, month to date spend, a rough forecast for the remainder of the month, the actual food cost %, my food cost budget %, the difference between the budget and actual spend %, and how much I have left to spend to meet/beat my monthly target.
Is there anything else that the brains trust on CHEFTALK can think of to add into my tracker?

Thanks legends!

Some bloke who cooks food
You're missing some stuff.

you can download free pro-forma spreadsheets , just input projected sales and monthly nut.
I greatly prefer paper and pencil to avoid playing computer fantasy models.

· Registered
273 Posts
UPTs. Units per transaction. (Helps with knowing upsales or lack thereof)
Food sales and beverage sales as %
Ticket average
Customer counts
Menu mix.
Discounts
Employee food.
Labor hours divided between Front of house and back of house. (Not the actual dollars but as hours worked)

Then, if you want to really go crazy you can break down production for back of house employees and sales for FOH employees...week by week by comparison of hours worked. Then when people start whining about raises you have real numbers to use.

For example, if someone is making cookies and they make 600 in 8 hours and cookies retail at $2.75 ea.
They produced $1,650 of product for 8 hrs labor. Thats the basics of checking out who is productive. Only if they did the baking as well....they might not...but you get the drift.

Same with FOH staff. Sales by employee/hr breakdowns and upsales and UPTs.

These sorts of records help you keep your emotions out of who is deserving of a raise or more hours and who isn't. It also can be a boost to actual sales numbers.

Of course you have to adjust for teams working together...but be careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts