Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,873 Posts
Jeepers my reply disappeared.  But thanks again Benuser, everyone reads German nowadays.

I just looked and saw the Hiromoto AUS-10's are no longer listed.  That may blow my theory about them continuing for a while.

JCK stiil has the Hiromoto AS santokus though, $104 is not a bad deal.

The all carbon Eden may be interesting to you FC.  It's ground like a wide-bevel so it may wedge a bit in something like squash, but you get better food release that way.  It's all carbon so easy to thin when you get around to that, and it's apparently well made from what I read in Benuser's link.

In your position I'd probably go with the Carbonext, but I think Benuser has voiced some concerns on the FF, I know the OTB edge is lousy, maybe he'll chime in on that.

Rick

· Registered
2,873 Posts
After ignoring Benuser's admonitions for a very long time I have to say that I am now a died-in-the-wool stropping snob. The rounded edge of my translucent Ark that is my steel now cries for loneliness.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.