Chef Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I loved Tampopo, didn't think anyone else would have known this film.

Beside Tampopo, there is the classics Like Water For Chocolate, Fried Green Tomatoes or Chcolat. Almost all French films have food in it.

My favourite film, that is a hard question. I do recall a film set in a Italian restuaurant in NY. The preparation of a great feast for a guest that will never come. Great film, anyone recall the title? Today it's the one that pop in my head tommorow it might be a different one. And what about Le festin de Babette.....

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
Don't know how I could have forgotten this, but CDS' post in "Really sick", reminded me: Silence of the Lambs! It was really bizaare for me because, as a cook, I can understand his passion for food. As a more or less normal person, though, it gave me a strange feeling to identify with Lector in any way!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Is Tampopo the one we're the family was in search of the perfect noodle recipe for thier noodle house?
If it was that was my favorite but it's been a few years since I have seen it
cc

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that was Tampopo. I liked the egg yolk scene.

Big Night I always wanted to see. My former roommate had a Big Night party one time, where she served all the foods from the movie. That was such a fun idea.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yep shroomgirl, it's Eat Drink Man Woman... the first 5 minutes, watched closely, are a primer on basic Chinese culinary kitchen skills. At least to me.

I didn't like Fried Green Tomatoes much but it did have one of the best movie/food lines ever: "Secret's in the sauce."

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Ok you two,You struck a nerve!!!!!!!
Remember what Rob Riners Mom said in that scene? "I'll have what she's having" Killer tomatoes!!Great sauce...Man, I better loosen the collar
cc

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: Big Night
Wasn't there supposed to be a companion cookbook? I've always been curious about that egg thingy that they made.
BTW, I remember, vividly, the strawberries in 9 1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Nope don't have a copy of 9 1/2 weeks haven't seen it in years....just have an exceptionally good memory for creative food ideas.

Haven't heard of Grand Buffe~ does it have another name? and who was in it.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
La Grande Bouffe (The Blow Out) 1973
Directed by Marco Ferreri

Marcello Mastroianni, Philippe Noiret, Ugo Tognazzi and Michel Piccoli star in this strange, depraved comedy which was a 1970's worldwide sensation. The four men--victims of their appetites--retire to a Parisian villa, where they fill their systems with an overload of carnal pleasures until they die in a blow-out of orgiastic over-indulgence.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dinner At Antoines (not exactly about food but it takes place in a restaurant)
Chef (the British TV show)
Oh yeah...the name of the guy in the Monty Python sketch is Mr Creosote (just a wafer thin mint?)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.