Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if anyone else would be watching this program on FoodTV this Sunday. It is supposed to start at the beginning and take us through the technological changes that affected the way we eat. From refrigeration to TV Dinners to changes in cuisine. It looks as if it will be very interesting.

Jodi

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Darn. I think I saw this on TLC or Discovery already. Do the networks share their footage???

Was mainly based on the equipment and events that shaped cooking. I basically saw american cooking change from home cooking to fast food with the introduction of better and better machines to do the dirty work for you.

Wasn't a very pretty picture. Very disappointing show altogether.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Me, too. How can a century of food be vacuum-packed into a two hour showpiece?

What annoyed me was the focus on just a few celebrity chefs and a few products. I didn't catch all of the show, however, to be fair. But I thought that a more apt title would have been food highlights of the past century. Being the bookish type, I wanted a PBS-style in-depth documentary. I guess that's why they call themselves the TV-Food Network.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I watched this and thought there was not enough coverage on each topic, be it the processing of food or the shifts in tastes during the decades. I would have loved to see elaboration on each decade and/or each shift in the interests of diners. I think it would have made a good ten-installment series. They missed the boat by shoving everything into an abbreviated time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.