Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
As previously mentioned, Food Trucks aren't for the faint of heart. I've used to own one in D.C. and it was very difficult with balancing so many factors. Understanding your customers and what they want is obviously given; however smaller things like serving times, parking situations, or running supplies are some of the constraints that I had dealt with most. Employees were also a problem as well because of the low profile compared to an established restaurant. Most employees would either come late or not even show up to work.

As far as buying a food truck, you can certainly find one cheaper on craigslist. I would encourage you to buy a used food truck as there is no sense in pay 4x the cost for a newly renovated one. Just be wary that most converted food trucks are usually older and require maintenance. I've had my truck break down a couple times (damn diesel wouldn't startup). Also, study up on the regulations and vending guidance for your intended areas to serve. In D.C., you can only have a truck that is 18FT. long because of the parking constraints.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.