Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Feta is a product of Greece.

The one of Denmark etc are plaster and not Feta :)

I am not phanatic now but according to the EU legislation Greece is the only European country that is funded to make cheese from fresh milk of ewes.
Our feta is made of ewe's milk otherwise we will be in big trouble with the EU

The other countries are making Feta from powder milk, including Bulgaria which hasn't any legislation that forbids the use of powder milk in making cheese.

Big difference I guess Right?

But! The oxymoron! You can buy the best Feta in NYC and not in Greece

Recipes?
Thousands! Let me thing about it first.

· Registered
1,508 Posts
I think I have a recipe for home made feta...

I will search and let you know.

Greeks need a lot of regulations in order to function properly. EU pays Greece to keep making cheese the old way.This is one of the mottos of Slow Food -Greek Section

The old way means not much quantity. I belong to those , in this country that have fought to imply the EU regulations.
Of course this product is very expensive, that's why the best of it goes directly to NYC

:)

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Panini

I think that you are the only person in this forum that cannot upset me:)

How should I know about the taste of the feta in Texas? You must invite me to taste it :)

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Panini Jr is very wise :) He will love Greece.

But in order to avoid lectures to poor waiters in Greek tavernas about the superiority of Texan Feta, bring a smal barrel of yours with you :D :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.