Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Soak fresh corn, still in the husk for about 1 hour.  Grill until 3/4's of the way done then place in an insulated "cooler" and let it finish cooking by gently steaming itself.  Peel, dip in butter, and eat.  While I love fresh corn just about every way conceivable this way is, hands down, my favorite way.

· Premium Member
5,391 Posts
I am amazed that no one has t courage to offer up the microwave as an alternative heat source.

Wrapped in a wet paper towel and cooked in the microwave gives corn on the cob some pretty descent results.

Never thought I'd say that in a million years, until I tried it. Love it.

But my favorite way to prepare corn is to pull back the corn husk and remove the silk then replace the husk and tie with string.

I soak the corn for about an hour or more, then they go right in the coals or burning wood fire.
I have to admit; I've never tried it. Not that I'm opposed to the microwave, I just haven't tried it. I have heard that people have good results with doing it that way. But I'm a creature of habit and I like the flavor I get by doing it on the grill. If my wife cooks up corn on the cob she usually just boils it. I'll have to tell her to try it that way. The only issue I have with the microwave method is that we will often make almost a full meal out of corn on the cob so that means multiple cobs per person so I don't know that the microwave would be much of a time saver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.