Chef Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Memorial day has rolled around, and both white and yellow are up for grabs.  What's your favorite way of prepping fresh corn?  

Do you grill, nuke, boil?  Shucked or unshucked.  Raw or cooked? 

· Banned
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No disrepect intended, but don't understand why fresh corn would be double cooked.

Personally, I like it fresh off the cob.  So sweet and juicy on its own.

Any tips for grilling, roasting etc.?

Another way I like corn, is incorporated into a frogmore stew/low country boil.

· Banned
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great replies. I used to either boil it for a few or wrap in waxed paper and nuke. Has anyone just sliced it off the cob, raw, and incorporated into a salad?

Interesting how a simple ingredient, has so many methods and questions re prep.

So, I did some poking around, I found some simple methods for grilling and roasting.

What say you?

"Perfect" Grilled sweet corn

http://chocolatewithgrace.com/perfect-grilled-sweet-corn/#more-678&_a5y_p=2290072

Oven Roasted without the mess

http://www.amynewnostalgia.com/how-to-make-corn-on-the-cob-in-the-oven-no-shucking-mess/

Don't care for the "old school" methods of boiling with a stick of butter, and tired of the Mexican street corn methods.

· Banned
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I am amazed that no one has t courage to offer up the microwave as an alternative heat source.

Wrapped in a wet paper towel and cooked in the microwave gives corn on the cob some pretty descent results.

Never thought I'd say that in a million years, until I tried it. Love it.

But my favorite way to prepare corn is to pull back the corn husk and remove the silk then replace the husk and tie with string.

I soak the corn for about an hour or more, then they go right in the coals or burning wood fire.
I did, I did. LOL Posted the link in post #10. I've done it in the microwave, but this trick was new to me (no husking, no silk all in one step). (Sorry. l couldn't figure out how to embed this video.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.