Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was completely blown away yesterday, when I saw, for the first time in my life, some fresh green olives from California being sold in the fresh produce departement of my supermarket. Boy have times ever changed!

My question is, how do you cure/brine them? I don't suppose there would be anything else one could do with them, could one?

(I loooooove olives...)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Anneke!~ I have olive trees and asked about curing olives in The Chefs Garden. Papa sent me to his Olive Tree site. I really think you absolutely MUST cure them, there are several different ways. They are so very bitter when tasted "raw". The Olive Tree site recommends a long brine cure, of course there is a dry salt cure and a lye cure. I will be so interested to hear if there is anything you can do with them uncured!

Debbie~

·
Registered
50 Posts
THIS IS COVERED IN AN OLD THREAD,USE THE SEARCH,LOOKINNG UNDER OLIVES AND ON ABOUT PAGE 5 I HAVE A LINK TO WAYS TO TREAT FRESH OLIVES...OTHERWIASE EMAIL.ME ,PS...HAVE BEEN USING THIS RECIPE FOR YEARS WITH GREAT SUCCESS,:bounce:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.