Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll pray for Laura too. I'm praying for my father who has just discovered has cancer. I'm believing that God will heal them both, because we have asked it of him and know that what he has promised he is also able to perform. My heart goes out to you and your friends Aaron and Laura. Thank you for bringing it to us all.

Plum

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.

My Dad died two weeks ago.
That might sound like the failure of all our prayers but I wanted to reassure you that it hasn't felt like that. His time had come, but the preceeding year was the most loving, peaceful time my stubborn family ever had, and that is a blessing beyond words which comforts me still. His illness put things in perspective, so that we've chosen to be tolerant and loving. If we had to lose him, and clearly we did, then I thank God that we had 13 months to learn how to face it together. We're still learning how to take care of each other. My sister and I were both able to spend a lot of time with him in the week before he died and we have no regrets that we could have done more for him, because we know that he knows that he was loved and that he loved us. Life is so precious, but it seems apparent to me know that loving each other whatever the outcome is more precious still. Evidently we could not avoid going through his death, but we have been kept out of deep despair. You never know when the person you've just smiled at in the street has just lost someone and needed to know such kindness.
Thank you for your prayers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.