Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Need a new gas grill........ The one I presently have is junk. I'm on a budget so I'm really looking for something under $400. I've looked over the offerings at Lowes & I like some of them but really only have experience with the truly low end ones. I like the looks of the cast grates, do they last longer than the porcelin coated ones? What burners are best Help

·
Premium Member
9,951 Posts
I would look at the parts supply as my determining factor. This tends to favor the big brands with long-term consistent products. I say this because the burner and fuel line systems are what fail first. And just because they fail isn't a reason to get rid of the whole thing unless you can't get replacement parts. So look at some models that you like, then look at what parts can be had. And maybe include a replacement burner as part of the up front purchase for when that fails so you don't get caught in a product line change down the line.

·
Premium Member
9,951 Posts
I suppose I should add that I prefer my burners arranged side to side rather than front to back. That gives me more space for doing indirect types of cooking and usually better temperature control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts