So I signed up to bring snacks for tomorrow's work meeting, and as I've said before, I would rather be shot out of a cannon than be caught with less than way more than enough food to feed an army...

circles of pink batter on baking sheet

First and foremost, I knew that I needed to dust off my macaron-making hat and give it a whirl. I hadn't made any since June and was feeling a bit rusty.

I attempted to tint the shells pink with beet juice. I know, I know, I was flirting with disaster by potentially playing with the water content of the egg whites... But I used it sparingly, and as you can see it turned out quite well. Or so I thought. The pink all but disappeared after their time in the oven. Oh well. At least I tried.

macaron

I filled them with a mixed berry jam from my favourite brand. I would've preferred strawberry but the store was out of it and I was in a hurry.

jar of berry jam

To satisfy those savoury cravings I made some cheddar and black pepper gougères.

cheddar and black pepper gougères

Some fresh cut salsa and guacamole with lots of lime is always a hit...

guacamole

fresh salsa in jar

And finally, chocolate makes any Monday easier to deal with so I made some double chocolate cookies. Soft and rich, these are a cross between a brownie and a cake with crisp edges. So good.

chocolate cookies on baking rack

Well, I hope these snacks help us all get through the Monday meeting unscathed...