Here we go again.. From memory, I will try to recreate my original post of Gluten-Free and Egg Free Zucchini Pancakes.

So I've decided that I'm going to write my posts in a separate place from my Wordpress App before posting it to my blog. Up until this point, being the novice and trigger-happy blogger that I am, I have been writing and posting all in one go, from one place. That's all over now. At least, that's what I'm telling myself at this moment.

But why, you ask?

To make a long story (which involves D being away 5 days of the week for eleven or so hours a day for summer studies and me trying to make dinner in a timely manner to avoid toddler meltdown) short- I accidentally deleted one of my posts that I wanted to go back to for a recipe. I have no idea when I did this. Seriously.

At first, I thought that maybe my fatigue-addled brain was playing tricks on me. Did I really write that post? Or did I just think I wrote it? Maybe I was planning to do it and never got around to it, but somehow fooled myself into thinking it had already been done? It's happened before, believe me.

However! I went back and checked my Recipes page and saw the link for the missing post. Mystery solved. Sigh. It was there. And now it's gone. And I don't even have a draft that I could just repost. Oh, the annoyance of it all.

Drum roll please...

Gluten-Free and Egg Free Zucchini Pancakes

No real thought process or recipe walk through here. I remember bits and pieces of the original post, but if I tried to recreate it, it would only be a shadow of what it was. What follows is the (revised) recipe for my zucchini pancakes... minus the explanations and notes about my trials and tribulations. The original inspiration for this recipe can be found on the hungry artist.

Enjoy!

gluten-free pancakes

Gluten-Free and Egg Free Zucchini Pancakes

Note: The gluten-free flours used here are interchangeable with other gluten-free flours you may have on hand. Flavours and textures will vary depending on the substitutions that you make. You may also have to adjust the water content to compensate for more or less absorbent flours. Happy experimenting!

1 cup millet flour
1/2 cup buckwheat or quinoa flour
1/4 cup teff flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/2 tbs psyllium husk
1 and 1/2 tbs baking powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 and 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 cups water
1/4 olive oil
1 medium zucchini, grated
small handful of Italian parsley, minced finely

Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Take your time. It's worth it to ensure that all the flours are well incorporated.

Mix in the olive oil and 1 and 1/2 cups of the water. Check the consistency. It should be the thickness of regular pancake batter.

Fold in the zucchini and parsley. Add more water at this point if it still seems too thick. It should ladle and pour fairly easily.

Fry on medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm until ready to serve.

If you're not avoiding dairy, these would be great with some reggiano or pecorino grated over top, just before serving.