E has developed a definite sweet tooth as of late and this gluten-free soft chocolate chip cookie recipe is a great guilt-free way to satisfy that sweet tooth. I actually believe that I could get him to eat pretty much anything if I stuck a chocolate chip on it. But that would probably fall under the category of dubious parenting...

I've seen quite a few recipes out there for "sinless" cookies so I thought I would try to make my own version. And thus this gluten-free healthy soft chocolate chip cookie recipe was born!

(Excuse the blurry photo. I blame it on sleep depravation.) any recipe that lets me get away with only using one bowl, a fork, and maybe a spoon or two, has got my attention!

a tasty gluten-free soft chocolate chip cookie with a side of milk surrounded by cinnamon sticks and chocolate chips

Throw in the fact that I'm not using any butter, eggs, added sugar,or wheat, and you have one happy mama! And the kiddos won't even know they're getting some flax seed as a bonus!

These are fairly soft and chewy cookies that will leave you and your littles' cookie cravings satisfied! You can substitute tahini for the peanut butter to make these nut free. They would be perfect for a grab-and-go snack. Or you could make them bigger and have them for breakfast throughout the week.

Ps. Did I mention that you'll only need one bowl and one fork to mix these up? Oh yeah.

Gluten-Free Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
makes 24 small cookies, perfect for little hands

3 small (or 2 large) very ripe bananas
1/4 cup natural peanut butter or tahini
Dash of vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 tbs of ground flax seed
1 1/2 cup of quick oats
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking trays with parchment.

Mash the bananas well in a large bowl with a fork. Mix in the peanut butter or tahini and combine well.

Next add the vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and ground flax. Stir well to combine.

Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir well until everything is moistened and the mixture is sticky and thick (like cookie dough!).

With a one inch scoop, drop the batter into the lined trays, spacing them evenly. With wet fingers, flatten the mounds of batter.

Bake for 11 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown. Cool on racks.

I hope you enjoy this gluten-free soft chocolate chip cookie recipe as much as we do!