Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,641 Posts
Yes. I'll post more later but essentially the monkey is always on the organic farmer to prove his stuff doesn't have it....amazing how the big guys control the gov't and the policies....it's a $$$$ thing and they play the game well.

· Registered
7,641 Posts
What reeks is the research is done by companies that will benefit financially....what is also stinky is that there is a revolving door in the FDA and chem companies.....
It gets worse, the more I found out the more incredulous and angry I became....not only does it affect family small farmers but it affects our food supply....
Again small farmers are ecking out a living and don't have time and $$ to do the PR that the big companies are doing....lobbiests cost bucks.
***On the positive front I heard from the Mo dept of Ag today that several corn farmers are going organic, a buyer wants 25,000 acres of organic corn...apparently the meat issues are a weird blessing in big disguise, I don't understand why there isn't more prevention than after the fact bandaging.

[ April 10, 2001: Message edited by: shroomgirl ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.