Chef Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve been in Gutemala for the past couple weeks and had an opportunity to get online, so I jumped on it. Have tasted and cooked some interesting foods. Didn´t like chicherones (sp?), the avocados are huge and the plantains are good. I got to do some traditional cooking with a family. we made a guatemalan version of tamales. Don´t remember the exact name at the moment.

I´m staying with a family here and they slaughtered their 200lbs pig 20ft from my door at 2am. That was a new experience. When I woke up they had already broken it down and were selling it to neighbors. They had a little meat market in their yard. I hope to post a nice long journal entry and pictures when I return to the US in a few weeks. Talk to you soon!!

Logan

·
Registered
85 Posts
What a scream. Sounds like you are having quite the adventure. Pork chops anyone? :eek: We look forward to the long version of your log and of course new food ideas upon your return.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
«Pork chops anyone?» LOL Linda, this is too funny! :D

I also look forward to reading you, theloggg...

Have a great time.

:)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Your story reminded me of the meat market in Morocco Logan. A cow slaughter on a wood carriage sitting in the sun was being cut to order.... To paraphrase Linda: Salad anyone?

Hope you're having a good time!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thelogg, How is the political climate towards non-Hispanics in Guatemala ?? I've been considering taking a Spanish language course there and I've heard that it isn't safe there right now. What are you seeing with regard to this right now ??

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dear TheLoggg:

Have fun In that beautiful part of the world!

I can't wait to read your postings with your experiences from the trip!

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
First Eddie in Italy, now theloggg in Guatemala! We are lucky, aren't we? Looking forward to the details.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
and let's not forget Bouland's French adventure...

:cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks, Linda Smith. If it's not too much trouble, could you inquire as to what region/city your friends brother was staying in ?? I'm looking at a language school in Antigua.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.