1 cup V8 juice
1/2 cup cider vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
salt & pepper to taste

Place all marinade ingredients in food processor and process till smooth.

Peel and clean shrimp. place in a 1 quart ziplock bag and add marinade. Press out excess air and close. Squeeze shrimp around and insure it is thoroughly distributed within the marinade.

Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Place onto skewars that have been soaked for at least 2 hours (I use 2 skewars per kabab to keep shrimp secure).

Place on a hot grill and cook for 2 or 3 minutes per side.

Serves 2 as an entree or 4 as an appetizer.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do firm up, but do not seem to suffer as a result. The key is to refrigerate and do not marinate over an hour. Also you have to be very careful on the cooking time, faster is better.

I actually evolved from this to a Jerk version that dispensed with the V8 and used allspice and nutmeg and other island spices, then from there to a Thai style version using coconut milk, cilantro and lemongrass. This is a work in progress and I've not condensed these down to actual recipes at present...

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Ah, you kept your promise, mstevens. Grilled spicy shrimp are amongst my favorite foods. I do look forward to your version using coconut milk, cilantro and lemongrass...:lips:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.