Chef Forum banner

Happy Canada Day!

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  plum 
#1 ·
First off, happy Canada day to all the Canadians on this board. Secondly, did anybody catch the new series on FOOD Network Canada called "COOK LIKE A CHEF"? It's a really great show, they showcase young canadian chefs and they show basic as well as advanced techniques. It shows on Monday nights at 7:30 ET time for those wondering. :)

#4 ·
Anneke, it was Ned Bell, he works at the Niagara Peninsula Restaurant. Oh, by the way, the show is everyday at 7:30 pm, watchin it right now. It's about makin' sauces and demi glace. I think I've found my fav show on the Food network, this show is pretty informative :D
oh and Anekke, Ned Bell was once a featured chef on The great Canadian food show where him and Carlos Rota found someone at a brocery sotre in TO and offered to cook supper for them a la "door knock dinners"

#10 ·
Thanks for the birthday wishes. I didn't mean to take away from Canada, though. I haven't been there in WAY too long. Every time I go, it rains, which comforts my Oregonian heart. (Can you tell I"ve only been to western Canada)... so to the Canadians around, which area of Canada has the best cuisine and why?

BTW, chocolate fondue is the BEST birthday cake.

~~Shimmer~~

#12 ·
Montreal for it's diversity. Quebec City is a great food place as well.

I haven't been in Toronto for so long (sigh)!

I've heard good things about Vancouver! Who can fill us in?

:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.