Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I wanted to share a recent dinner I had with a friend at this wonderful, off-the-beaten-path place. For an app. my friend and I shared a bowl of wonderful onion soup. Sublime. Not old and tired like most. Could have had foie gras, oysters,etc. but alas I didn't. With soup, our waiter brought us very nice warm bread with ultra fresh sweet butter. Salads of mesclun mix. Nothing earth shaking but greens were fresh and crisp. Friend had obviously house-made raspberry vin. I had blue cheese. Fantastic. Made with Maytag, and slivers of same on salad. For entrees, friend had perfectly rare grilled ahi with creamed spinach. Spinach barely wilted in the cream. Tastes better than it sounds. I had Seafood penne. My pasta had, shrimp, scallops, lobster, snapper and baby veggies in a lobster, saffron cream. Black truffle shavings dotted the top. Every different component of my pasta was cooked perfectly. It was wonderful. At meals end we were asked if we cared for dessert, which was house=made banana cream pie. It looked fantastic, but we declined. They did give us, however, 4 molten bittersweet chocolate "petit fours." Perfect. One of my habits when dining out is to cover or not look at the prices so I will not limit myself to the cheap stuff. When it was time for our bill, I was thinking how expensive this meal was going to be. Did I mention that my friend had ordered a bottle of decent wine? The bill for this extravaganza was the grand total of.........$66.00!!!!!!
I couldn't believe it!!! I asked if there was a mistake and was given a funny look and told no. My friend and I laughed, threw two fifties on the table and left. If you're ever in that neck of the woods, go to Harley Marie's. Unbelievable.:eek:
p.s. I should also add that the service was very good and the decor was pleasant and impeccably clean.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We were in Vincennes for the Rendezvous in May, husbands family grew up there. Where is this restaurant?? He was just looking over my shoulder
while I was surfing the forums and saw the city in your post! :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.