Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I would just like some advice on stuff I'm experiencing at work.
I work in a busy cafe with 2-3 chefs. I'm sous chef
And I'm having trouble working with my head chef. As a person he is great, but as a head chef.. I struggle I always respect my superiors but my head chef is lazy, avoids work as much as possible, is unhygienic (scratching his head, sneezing and coughing on food with out washing hands) and goes missing from the kitchen very often thought out service leaving one chef to cope with very busy rushes. The way he operates the kitchen/service is very confusing and equipment in the kitchen is barely working making service very difficult to cope with the volume of tickets. I'm trying to be patient and respectful, but am finding myself getting really frustrated at his apathy. We have mice in the kitchen and he constantly leaves food packets open over night on the shelves.
My frustration is being noticed and is starting to cause friction. The hours are good, pay not so much but I like the other staff I work with and the job in general. It would just be better if the leader did a better job.
Am I being disrespectful?
TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice
No, he isn't doing paperwork.. He has pushed that into me. He is out having cigarette breaks.
i live my job as a chef and realise every workplace there are issues. I just don't think it's too much to work with people who work as a team and take pride in their job. I always go above and beyond and feel my work ethic is being taken advantage of while others slack off.
Oh, did I mention the manager is head chefs wife? So there's no going to management.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.