Chef Forum banner

Healthy or Not ?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  miller 
#1 ·
Hey yall i bet u have heard all kinds of stuff about food and what not, like how fish is brain food and what not well can you guys tell me sum food and what the **** its good for ?
I know tomatoes r really good for ur prostate and ur heart and also ive heard red things ,ie peppers, tomatoes, and apples and so on.

#3 ·
Yogurt is the food highest in calcium, especially nonfat yogurt. NOT TUMS, people! :(

Dates have one of the highest concentration of sodium.

Pink grapefruit has a higher mineral content than yellow grapefruit.

A combination of grain plus legume furnishes all amino acids - take note you vegans.

#10 ·
When you are new, all old posts are fair game, I hope...

These are a few of my favorite things:

FLAX: mill your own in a coffee grinder - fresh is best and add it to your daily diet.
Proven Benefits -
* cancer therapy
* contains a substance that resembles prostagladins and helps with heart disease
* diabetes
* inflammatory tissue condition - something todays newspaper said is now more dangerous than cholesterol (like they didn't make enough money on that myth?)
* skin conditions
* calmness under stress
* water retention
* the list is growing

COCONUT OIL:
It contains high levels of lauric acid, the major fatty acid from the fat of the coconut. Lauric acid has antiviral, antibacterial, and antiprotozoal functions. Capric acid is another of the fatty acids in coconut and it has antimicrobial components. And recently published research has shown that natural coconut fat in the diet leads to "a normalization of body lipids, protects against alcohol damage to the liver, and improves the immune system's anti-inflammatory response". (Remember, yesterdays headlines about cholesterol are todays inflamation headline.)

KEFIR AND YOGURT:
Fermentation is a process where bacterial cultures are added to pasteurized milk ( I usually use fresh goats milk and pasteurize it before making kefir and yogurt). Fermentation reduces lactose levels. And at this time there are some well-defined studies about the benefits of probiotics (or synbiotics) to human health. Some of those favorable effects are:
* Gastrointestinal well-being, including resistance to infection, prevention, or fast recovery from, diarrhea; fewer constipation dificulties.
* Beneficial roles in immune response
* Reduced cancer risk, particularly colon, breast and intestinal.
* Improved tolerance to lactose and milk proteins.
* Reduced LDL cholesterol.

WHEY:
Know for boosting glutathione and immune function. Whey appears to function as a natural food against cancer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.