Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I posted on here... hope all of you are doing well!

I think I shared with all of you that I went back to school to study Quality Assurance and I am now the Quality Assurance Technician/Assistant Quality Assurance Manager for our plant.
I LOVE my job!! It took some growing and learning on my part but that is always what happens with a change.

Last year my daughter had a promotion at work as well... she took over cheese cutting when I moved into QA and one day when I went to work the plant manager stopped me and handed me a job posting and told me to tell her to apply for it. She did and she got the job! She is now the administrative assistant for the production facilities and her boss wants to create an HR position for her. I knew she had the job before she did.. our general manager took me aside and told me that they were going to make her an offer for the job... I know he wanted me to know that they were happy with her but it made for a very long weekend as I couldn't say anything to her about it!

My son is still in college... he has finally found what he wants to do... broadcasting! The pandemic put that on hold... he has a very soft voice and he has a weekly show on the college radio station. His program is starting up again in the fall as they have figured out how to offer it safely.

My husband is permanently working from home... he has a desk in the dining room... I offered to re-arrange the main floor of the house to give him more of a workspace but he is happy with his spot by the front window. His boss was so mad at their landlord during the shutdown... they were paying full rent for an office space that they were not allowed to use and the landlord did not give them a break on the rent. He has been trying to sublet the space but no one is interested as people have adapted to working remotely.

I am going to be a great-great aunt in September.... I'm working on a blanket for the new arrival and my daughter and I will be going to the baby shower next month.

That is all my news...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Good to see you around these parts! I haven't been around as much as usual. I'm still on work comp, been about 15 months now. I don't have much cheffly input as I'm just sitting at home!😂

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to see you around these parts! I haven't been around as much as usual. I'm still on work comp, been about 15 months now. I don't have much cheffly input as I'm just sitting at home!😂
I have been seeing the updates in the thread you posted about your injury... hopefully you will have some answers soon as to what you will be able to do.
I too haven't so much cheffly input as you call it as I have been out of the restaraunt world for eleven years and I'm coming up on two years in QA. I still help out now and then when they need it on the production floor but my job is much more about maintaining our certification, ensuring the GMPs are followed, ensuring we are meeting our CCPs with the HACCP system... and training staff.

Reactions: phaedrus
1 - 7 of 7 Posts