Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to do a hot smoked salmon and want to hear some best practices to put this on a menu. I have a stove top smoker and an electric smoker that doesn't cold smoke fyi. So I am going to brine and either smoke to an internal of 120 degrees max-cool and then finish under a salamander with a maple whiskey glaze. would have preferred to give the filets a brief cold smoke just so it wasn't a HACCP nightmare but currently not an option. What is a better way to do this menu item? Limited by a 20 minute check time so trying to do this from beginning to end by order is not really an option.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yessss, ok however the smoker that is available to me at the current time is a masterbuilt and I cant get it to give off any smoke when I set cabinet temps below 100 degrees. Maybe that shoulda been my question if anyones ever used a masterbuilt smoker and pulled off a cold smoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.