Chef Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to make a cake but I don't know if it will taste good, so I need your opinion.

Vanilla sponge cake with coffee syrup filled with a mixture of custard cream, whipped cream and orange zest. I will decorate the cake with whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate flakes. What do you think of the flavors?

· Registered
615 Posts
I think it sounds like a good experiment, though I would personally drop one of the three flavors - coffee, orange, or strawberry.  Just seems like it might be to many fighting for attention in the final product.

I personally love oranges and strawberry.  I will sometimes macerate strawberries in orange juice, maybe a bit of orange liqueur, then use the liquid to moisten the genoise and fill the middle with the strawberries.

· Registered
4,468 Posts
To me the strawberry is the odd man out.

Too sweet too juicy and the tiny bit of acid it brings too prominent (or of the wrong type).

Confuses the palate.... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/laser.gif

Coffee and chocolate and orange make a great marriage and not one I would turn down if offered.

mimi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.