Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
In Chocolate Passion there is a recipe for a white chocolate soufflé, it's a real soufflé not a soufflé cake. Interested?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
In one of my book, it says thatif you want to make a chocolate genoise, just replace about 10% of the flour for cocoa. It should also work the other way around.

I'm not sure I understand your recipe, are you adding a liquid to the cocoa?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
White Chocolate Soufflé

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup whole milk
4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
5 large eggs, at rom temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sugar

preheat the oven to 375°F. Tear a piece of 12-inch wide aluminium foil, long enough to fit around a 1 1/2 quart soufflé dish with 2 inches to spare. Fold the foil in half lenghtwise and wrap it around the outside of the dish; be sure the foil extends 3 inches above the rim. Roll and pinch the two ends of the strip of foil together to connect them securely. Grease the dish and collar, and coat with a dusting of granulated sugar. Set aside on a baking sheet.

In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and salt; stir constantly for 2 minutes to cook the starch. Gradually whisk in the milk, then bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove the pan from heat, add the white chocolate, and whisk occasionally until smooth. Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla extract.

In a dry, grease free, 4 1/2 quart bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer, using the whip attachment, whip the egg whites until frothy. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar while continuing to whip until all the sugar is added; continue beating until stiff.

Gently whisk 1/4 of the whites into the yolk mixture until blended. Gently fold in the remaining whites just until no streaks remain. Scrape the batter into the prepared dish. Bake for about 35 minutes, until puffed and golden.

Chocolate Passion
Tish Boyle and Timothy Moriarty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.