Chef Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
call me old fashioned, but i love a good cobbler, warm from the oven and topped with a good vanilla ice cream. i just put some up for jam, too. i have to go pick some more next week, what more do you suggest?
kat

· Registered
5,047 Posts
Old fashioned???

I don't think so.

Warm cobblers in the fall and winter are a common staple in my neck of the woods.

Are you selling your jam Kat?

· Registered
22 Posts
Call me lazy, but I usually just eat them out of the container. They never get a chance to aspire to greatness.

· Registered
605 Posts
dear cape chef,
no, i don't sell my jams, they go to good little boys and girls towards the end of the year! ;) so far i've made strawberry and blackberry. my husband went and picked me blueberries today on his lunch hour, so those will probably be next!
cchiu, i'm working on getting the cobbler recipe out of my head and written down! you know what a process that can be! :)
kat

· Registered
13 Posts
I usually use blueberries for this, but any kind of berry will do.

I take a pyrex baking dish and slice a lot of peaches up in it. I add lots of berries to them and mix them up. (Use lots of fruit) Then I take 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of oatmeal, some cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and 1 stick of cold butter. I mix the dry ingredients and cut in the butter till I get a crumbly mixture. Then I sprinkle the crumbs all over the top of the fruit. Bake for 30 min at about 350 degrees F. or till brown around the edges. Serve warm with ice cream.
YUMMY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.