Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I'm new here. Currently I'm studying Culinary Arts. I took this major cause this is my dream since I was young. My mom asked me Am I sure about this career before I got into this university. I am so stubborn person. I was like I don't want to give up on my dream. I want to cook I love to work in the kitchen. But these days I been thinking too much about working as a chef. On the other side I want to prove that I can fullfill my dream. But as a career, I don't want to choose this anymore. I had a scoliosis surgery. When I been standing for so long my back still hurt. I am also afraid that my back will affect my dream job. Everyone think I'm gonna become a chef. But now I'm so tired of this. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm final year student and I cannot change it anymore. So I am gonna finish this degree first. When I was young, I told myself not to chase the money and do what makes me happy. But now I don't know anymore. May be I'm just afraid of what am I gonna do in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there,
It sounds like you're very close to finishing school, which is an accomplishment in itself that you can always be proud of. Even if you work in the culinary field and decide that it really isn't for you, that's okay. I think most people end up doing something different than what they studied for. You might even have several career changes, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. I hope you'll give the field a try. It could be also that you might just need a break. Best wishes to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Chef line is very tuff to work because of the food quality and food safety involved in this line. if you have to work as a chef you have to take care of the standard operating procedures of the restaurant and hotel that you are working in and if anything gets wrong you cannot change it because in the food industry line you cannot do any mistake it will set your impression to the customer that they don't serve best cuisines in the area. so that's why the chef has to work carefully to promote the restaurant and hotel food.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts