Chef Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Wow! I am still in shock. I got a new copy of a magazine I advertise in and as I was looking for the ad, I came across one of my cakes!!! It seems a photographer had submitted it. The only bummer is that it was not my design. It was a copy of a Colette Peters. Not complaining- it will look great on the resume.

Thanks for letting me share!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Congratulations! Your really on your way......!

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Congrats!!! It's always fun to chance upon an article or pic you didn't know was going to published. It's like bonus time. I've discovered that alot of print wants articles submitted instead of paying writers so I keep "market pic" and several articles in the can to plug in. Having pictures of your work is so important....when asked you can just hand/mail them a pic....also recipes. I volunteer any and everywhere to submit local recipes...newsletters, paper, mags,website...I pulled several from last year's market to go into a Gardener's Mag.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congratulations Anna!! Which is the magazine?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Anna,
congrats!! doesn't something like that give you some inside energies? Now you better get your help situation fixed, it's fixin to break loose. I

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Way to go! Your work is exquisite. It's time for a broader audience to know that. Congratulations, Anna, and I wish you more success to come.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Congratulations Anna W. This must be a truly exciting time for you! :)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Congratulations Anna!

Could you please post the picture? I would love to see your cake. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Isa- I am terribly handicapped when it comes to computers and can't post a thing. It was not my design, anyway, but a duplicate of Colette Peter's Tiffany Gift Box cake. It's the gold and silver one on the front of her book. My website should be up in a couple of months (?) and then I will send everyone there to check out my original designs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.