What's wrong with all the many, many brilliant OLD recipes?
Thanks, A lot for sharing Such a detailed way to make queen cakes ,I must try itI choose Queen cakes for the Mother's Day celebration. Queen cakes were once prepared in "little fluted tin moulds in fancy shapes," but modern queen cakes are most frequently baked in mini-muffin pans lined with paper baking cups.
3 large eggs, separated
3/4 teaspoon ground mace
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 3/4 cups, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup currants
Sanding sugar for sprinkling
1. Set the oven to 375 degrees. 5 12-cup mini-muffin pans should be greased with vegetable shortening.
2. Whip the egg whites to firm peaks in a large basin using an electric mixer or a whisk. Put aside after pouring into a different basin. In the same dish, add the egg yolks and whisk or whip by hand until foamy and light. Place aside.
3. Cream the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the sugar gradually, beating well after each addition before moving on to the next. Add the beaten egg whites and incorporate well while mixing at the slowest speed possible. The egg yolks should be thoroughly mixed in.
4. Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace with the flour. Keep 2 tablespoons aside. Add the remaining ingredients to the creamed mixture gradually, mixing well after each addition before moving on to the next.
5. Combine the currants with the 2 tablespoons of spiced flour that have been set aside. Gently incorporate into the batter by gently folding in.
6. Pour the batter into the lined pans, about two-thirds of the way filled. The tops should be dusted with sanding sugar.
7. Bake the cakes for 12 to 14 minutes, or until they spring back when lightly touched and a wooden skewer inserted in the centre of one of them comes out clean. Before carefully removing the cakes from the pans to finish cooling, place them on wire racks for 5 to 6 minutes.
This is the best cake recipes for the celebration of Mother's Day.
View attachment 117327