Chef Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like Olio Carli olive oil but you can only buy it in groups of 6 bottles cost $70+ dollars. They have 2 varieties Extra Virgin and Pure. I can buy only 1 variety, which would you pick as your everything go to olive oil?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I really like Olio Carli olive oil but you can only buy it in groups of 6 bottles cost $70+ dollars. They have 2 varieties Extra Virgin and Pure. I can buy only 1 variety, which would you pick as your everything go to olive oil?
Hi Dagger!

I do love good olive oil...I'm looking forward to this new harvested olive oils that should be getting ready in the coming weeks. I've tried the Olio Carli evoo before and wasn't to impressed. If I can have only one olive oil, I would buy one of the Castillo de Canena; First Day Harvest. The question, for me, would be picual or arbequina.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Ok wasn't sure since EVO is supposed not to be used in high heat cause its supposed to change it.
You don't use EVOO for high temp cooking indeed. Low smoke point and moral degradation.
Yes, extreme moral degradation that will require extended penitence.
Wait for the day your fave priest is in his little cubicle......THEN jump in and confess.

Way less knee time /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

mimi

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
FWIW, only olive oil and flaxseed oil have the right percentages of mono/omega-whatever fatty acids for optimum arterial/gut health, just something mainly us older folks concern ourselves with.  There is no vegetable oil but evo in my kitchen, and from the latest harvest.

Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.