Chef Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm a new member from the U.K.
Just want to say hi to you all and hope to know you all better through the message boards on this site.
Happy cooking!
Dessertlover.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,

A special welcome from me. I was begining to think I was the only Brit. I hope you find the Cafe as stimulating as I do.

David

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
We're glad you're here, dessertlover. I've enjoyed visiting England; where are you from? I suppose a logical question would be, what desserts do you love most? :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome Dessertlover!

There's always room for dessert! I know people have asked what your favourite dessert is -- so I'm going to ask what is your favourite to MAKE is? Something chocolate perhaps?...

lynne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi everyone, thanks for all the welcome replies. Hello to Dave at Cambridge.
You have asked what my favourite dessert is well i like meringues and also fruit desserts. I also live in Lancaster.
Bye for now.*****

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome, Dessert! I've never been out of the U.S., but I always thought England would be a cool place to go. Is British food very different from American food?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dessertlover-

Where the heck do you buy lettuce in England? I was there for a month, and when I ordered salad, it was always a meat and cheese and mayo concoction on bread. Maybe I went to the wrong places? Do English people eat greens? (Oop, I didn't mean that to sound insulting, I am really curious though). Even at the markets, I could find other veggies, but no lettuce. Hmm.....

Shimmer :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome DessertLover,
Are you a pastry chef by chance? I love Italian desserts and also Middle Eastern. What are your specialties?
I hope you enjoy this website as I do.
Benvenuto

:)
Bufano

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.