Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Dário and i am looking to travelling around the world and mastering my art. My idea is to run around 5 years around the world (if possible, get to know all continents.)

I had just started my research and then i found this site, so I would like it if my fellow colleagues had already done something like that and what tips could you guys give me?

Thanks for your time and i am curious about your experiences.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Plan it out now as much as you can. Obviously you will need a passport but also multiple visas. Not all countries are politically stable or welcoming to foreigners, you will need vaccinations for many. 5 years is a good long time but how much time do you plan to spend working in places and how much just traveling? Which specific countries do you not want to miss? Which ones offer the best opportunities for a traveling cook? Which cuisines are you most interested in? Where will you stay in each country? What will you do if you can't find a cooking job in a particular country? How will you travel from one continent to another? From country to country? How will you handle your money? Are you familiar with exchange rates for different countries? I would have more questions but that's a good start.
I don't need the answer to these questions but these are what I would be thinking about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For food lovers, one of the joys of travel is discovering new ingredients, recipes, cooking techniques, and traditions to try at home.

“Food has always been a social and cultural marker, a vivid expression of a country’s heritage and history,”
“A common thread in the way we travel and immerse ourselves in a destination is through the flavors of the local cuisine,
“Some of the recipes we have found are very familiar and have become staples of our own home-cooking; others were ones we had forgotten about and were happy to rediscover.”
Hoping you get your Answer.
Glad to helping you !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts