Chef Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you ever heard a bone rubbing in your head when you turn your head back and forth? It kind of has a "fingernail on the chalkboard" effect, and it's very irritating. It just started a few days ago and there's a lot of pressure in the back of my head. I'm going to the doc tomorrow. Hope he doesn't look at me like I'm nuts..

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Yeah. Happens to me all the time. I've no idea what causes it. Stress maybe or holding my head up when I'm tired. I dunno but it ususally doesn't last long. I've never asked the doc about it eiter. I'd be interested to hear what your's (doctor) says.

Jock

· Registered
4,567 Posts
Hi:

I'm the inhouse chiropractor and my advice costs $1.00 per word.

If the noise occurs during rotation, then it's the articulation (movement) between the first and second cervical vertebrae, the atlas and axis, that's causing the noise. Most rotation occurs at that level, just below the base of the skull.

I can't say either way if it's harmful.

That'll be $1500 up front for xrays every 10 visits and you'll need a total of 30 visits. (Oh boy, here comes my new Porsche and that Cartier watch I've always wanted!!!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.