Chef Forum banner

It's my first time, so be gentle

1589 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  hubuk
I'm new to this, so have a little patience, please. I can't believe I've been in the business for almost 7 years and have basically done it all "on my own." Not any more!

My question pertains to a new career path that I am considering. I'm interested in becoming a private chef, stateside or overseas, and not quite sure where to start. I religiosly check the job sites on the net, but the pickins are slim. I've worked in a lot of different culinary areas...restaurant, club, corporate foodservice, food stylist, catering, and television appearances.

I currently reside in central Illinois, and not quite sure where to go with this. Any advice?:chef:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Welcome to Chef Talk Wildcat Chef!

Nice to meet you.
Hi there Wildcat Chef, i'll be reading the responses to this post carefully b/c i have been thinking of personal cheffing aswell, but haven't found much info beyond sending out flyers in my area.
America has a national private chefs association, i'll try to find the link for you.
Good luck and welcome.
Welcome Wildcat Chef,

There are quite a number of posts on private cheffing in the Catering forum. I would suggest doing a search to see what you find.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Just wanted to welcome you Wildcat!!

As Nicko said there is great info to be had on cheftalk
Once again, welcome
cc
I don't know how useful this site is but it is all about personal chefing and may help answer some of the questions:

http://www.personalchefsnetwork.com/
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.