Chef Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the same vain as the fun game Chiliboy started a few monthe ago about naming something food related that started with the last letter of the word before it. I say lets try it with wine. (all bevareges are cool)to keep it user freindly.

Got it? Good

Here we go

First word "GRAPE"

cc

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
Better grab an "e" word before they're all taken!

Erdinger- a German brewery that produces a really good hefe weizen; an excellent summertime beer!

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
Another "e"? Cape, you're a meanie! Also, can we do the definitions, again?

eiswein-a German white wine. Cape can probably give a correct definition, but I believe it's made from grapes that are picked frozen on the vine.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Greg....Definitions are cool!!!

And you are right about "eiswien" in addition to picking the grape while frozen it must be crushed before it thaws.
Eiswien are similar to TBA and BA

Nahe one of germanys best,but smallest anbaugebiete. and is known for producing high quility rieslings
cc

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Osborne (as in Osborne Vintage Port)

Talk about scoundrel!

:eek:

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
A "U"?!! Not a prob!! Umeshu-plum wine and I have left another unlucky soul with "U"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha Ha pete!!!

"Umbria"

One of my favorite wine producing regiens in Italy. It borders Tuscany and makes some super whites and very good reds
cc

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Amaretto.

and Pete cheated, ha-ha!

:rolleyes:

next person starts with an "o"

P.S.: I forgot to confirm that I meant to finish with the word "Port" in my earlier post. Sorry for the confusion.

[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: Kimmie ]

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yep, I know it.

Meanie you, you left the next person with an "e".

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
Edelweiss- a German beer brewed by the Schneiderweisse brewery.

Now, if I knew for a fact that Cape would be the next to post, I would've figured out something that began and ended with "e"! :p As it stands, next up is "s" :D

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
Well, this works out well. Pooh and Cape posted at about the same time, but pooh is the winner by a hair, so-

Napa- another of the big-three wine regions of California.

And the next letter is "a", so Cape gets to see his last letter used, as well!

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.