1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about your opinions of the following:

“LA Methode” (out of print)
“LA Technique” (out of print)

(and any others by Jacques Pépin you have an opinion of)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah, I have viewed these two books also at the local library. What interested me in these books was the techniques he explored and explained. Another book of his that I have is called "The Art of Cooking" Volume I (Looking for Vol. II, but cant seem to find) a great book also. Also he has a 5 volume series of video tapes in which he explains different preparation and cooking Techniques, I enjoy watching what he teaches.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I bought La Technique in 1976 when it first came out. The next year I went to J&W I believe in part because of Pepins book.
I always loved what he said in this book
To the Chefs.
Who sweat to create friendliness and cordiality among men. Although it is a little outdated there are some things that remain the same. How to french a chicken.how to bone out a leg of veal,how to french a lamb rack. That is why it is titled La Technique. Nicko Have you tried sourcing through your local Library?
cc

·
Registered
356 Posts
La Technique is listed for sale at www.alibris.com but before you get your hopes up the price is -- are you sitting down? -- $127. Softcover. You can pick up the 2-volume The Art of Cooking for the low low price of $1,188 (cough cough).

Although if you were a pro it's cheaper than culinary school.

[This message has been edited by Live_to_cook (edited 12-16-2000).]

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hey gang, this is a great source for out of prints and Bonnie is a wealth of knowledge herself!!!

Bonnie Slotnick: Cookbooks
PMB G27
332 Bleecker St.
New York, NY 10014
(this is the mailing address; the shop is at 163 West Tenth St.)
ph.212-989-8962
fax 212-989-8102
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Jacques Pepin's La Technique is being reedited. Should be on this month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.