Chef Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Outlaw Cook is a great read! It is inspirational and entertaining; it is written in the 'epic' style and does well to hold your interest. John Thorne is a very, very food-saavy individual. His website (www.outlawcook.com) is full of very insightful information. Serious Pig is also a well written story. He and his wife do much to keep contemporary food writing in America alive and formidable. You would do well to read any of his books.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am reading two of his books right now, "Serious Pig" and "Outlaw Cook," and for somebody who devours food books these have quickly become two of my favorites. I was lucky enough to discove John Thorne and his work three weeks ago in a bookstore in Cambridge. I think that he brings a certain honest, maybe folksy, and extremely thoughtful opinion and twist on all things related to gastronomy that he writes about. I highly recommend his works and his website (that I just became a member of). Highly recommended.
Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.