Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a juicer a few years ago. My husband and I used it 4-5 times a week for carrot juice mostly.

We haven't touched it for about 2 years now and I think it's time to make it part of the family again.

The fad has passed I'm sure, but I am just starting to get interested in the funky combos you get at juice bars. I had my first wheatgrass shot last week and survived. Can't say I feel healthier, but maybe if I did it more often...

So. Here's my question:

If you are into juicing (especially for health), what's your favourite combination and why. What are the health benefits of your cocktail? I'm especially interested in antioxydants, cholesterol busters, etc.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
And don't forget about the vegetables powders Thomas Keller makes.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I used to juice...but most juice is liquid sugar, so I don't anymore.

Still, had a wonderful lemonade recipe that was like 2 apples and 1 whole lemon - remove the skin or not. I prefered to remove the skin of the lemon because I thought it caused the lemonade to be a bit bitter - but probably chuck full of healthy vitamins or something.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.