Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I did and need someinput on the appliances I may want.
Currently the stove is a Jenn air (electric) with different attachements.
Anyone have the scoop on the latest appliances to be had.
Thank you
Danielle :eek:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Congratulations on your new home!!

We're gutting our entire kitchen, and replacing everything. I like the look of stainless, and we are most likely going to buy a Kitchen Aid refrig., because of the styling, as well as its energy rating, the DCS dual fuel range, which is much better than the Viking, as far as I can see, and a Maytag dishwasher, which we already have, and it is great. For our ventilation system, we are looking at the Zephyr Cyclone. It's very compact and quiet, so they say.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

[ March 06, 2001: Message edited by: momoreg ]

·
Registered
250 Posts
Momoreg: How long of a process will this/is the gutting and reworking of an entire kitchen? Sounds like an interesting process as well as a huge learning experience. Keep us posted! I currently have a gas stove and oven, love the gas stove/hate the gas oven--is yours going to be electric or gas (the oven)?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congrats Danielle! Are you having the house built? How fun to be in the stage of being able to choose what kitchen things to put in. I only had a new house built once, and had no clue at that time (very young then!) on good appliances and such. Best to get the good things in as you're doing now.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Hear, hear, Crudeau. I'm with you. I only wish I'd had someone to ask about this before I bought my stove.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's why I want to replace my oven. It takes 30 min sometimes to heat up to 400. It's really bad, and no self cleaning. I think it's supposed to burn the things off but it doesn't. I can't imagine not having the gas stove though. Would be great to have a double oven..I don't know a thing about convection...is that what many of you are using these days?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.