Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new here, but I think I'll really like it. Cooking is my down-time usually, as long as I'm not being rushed through it. I like to experiment with new flavors all the time, and have a ton of cookbooks. To me, food is not merely fuel, but something to be savored and that should bring joy to others. Sometimes, it is hard not to be a little hedonistic about amazingly good food  -- anything at a certain Irish pud outside of DC for example! (It was so good, I hugged the chef and was accused of being giddy.)

I don't have any traditional training, but started learning young from relatives, then from tv cooks (Yan Can Cook and Graham Kerr's minimax stand out.) I've also learned quite a bit from food network over the years. I make my own spice mixes instead of buying them, and try to cook from scratch as often as possible.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Graham Kerr brings back memories. I believe his Galloping Gourmet was the first televised cooking show I ever watched.
Same here. I remember his show inspired me to convince my best friend that he and I would reproduce a dinner from a segment for his family. I was in high school at the time and couldn't boil water, but I had yearnings to be a gourmet after watching the show! ... My condolences to my best friend's family :~)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.