Chef Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here. I'm 31, I started a new career as a pastry chef about 2 months ago, and I love it. My background:

- 25+ years as a home baker, originally taught by family

- cashier, dishwasher, and server during college (BA in English lol)

- lots of instructional YouTube and the occasional book study

- 6 months in a supermarket bakery

I still have a lot to learn, and I figured I should go where the pros are

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome! I'm amazed you were allowed to touch the oven at six years of age! ;)
I let my nieces do it pulling cookies out until all the womenfolk started screaming and hollering about it....

I rolled my eyes and let them have their way.

A few months ago the very same niece brought me a red velvet cake that was fairly straight and level. She did good for a barely 13 year old girl.

Of course the Uncle within me is really proud of her (I started her on her baking) and I want to take her away for a few hours to show her more techniques of how to bake them super level and even. Any more time than that and I'll have had too much time with teen angst and all of that other teenager junk. I'll be more than happy to send her back to her parents. But in the meantime it will be fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m thinking about becoming a pastry chef.
Where did you work before? Was it a high-class restaurant? Or like a home bakery? Because I want to own my bakery one day, I know I’ll have to save up until then. I don’t want to give up all of my holidays for a restaurant. I love to follow this blog Home. I have found some recipes that I could made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts